The engineering design of the IFMIF-DONES facility is nearing its completion and the start of the construction activities is expected soon. To better prepare for the scientific opportunities offered at the new facility we are calling this First IFMIF-DONES Users Workshop.
Key objectives of the Workshop are to identify new ideas that could still be implemented in the design of the facility, review the priorities of the irradiation programme, as well as to build up an IFMIF-DONES user´s community for fusion and non-fusion related applications.
- Current status of IFMIF-DONES design and the construction and commissioning plan.
- Definition of pre-DONES activities: irradiation database and technologies to be developped before using the facility.
- Roadmap of material qualification for DEMO at IFMIF-DONES.
- High Flux Test Module: structural materials irradiation needs for fusion applications including planning of sample loads and their post irradiationr exploitation.
- Other irradiation modules to be placed in the high-flux radiation environment.
- Opportunities for the production of radioisotopes at DONES.
- Collimated neutron beam facility, proposed experiments and operation mode.
- Implementation of a neutron time-of-flight facility at DONES - feasibility evaluation and experimental opportunities.
- Any other possible experiments.
We kindly invite you to send abstracts and contribute to the discussion. The program will be composed of a small number of key-note talks to introduce the proposed topics along with a number of contributed presentations selected based on submitted abstracts. Participation of young researchers is encouraged. The authors of posters will be invited to present short 3 minute flash talks to present their contributions.
The workshop will be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia, following the SOFT 2022 Symposium on Fusion Technologies. While in-person participation is encouraged the meeting will be organized in hybrid mode to allow for remote participation as well.
Abstracts are due before June 15th.
More detailed information along with a schematic program of the meeting will be distributed by June 30, 2022.
The discussion and conclusions of the meeting will be compiled and published as a report.
A registration fee of 200 Euro will be required to cover the cost of the conference facilties, coffee breaks and lunches.
We are looking forward to your contributions and participation.
Angel Ibarra, Wojciech Królas, Tonci Tadic
This work has been carried out within the framework of the EUROfusion Consortium, funded by the European Union via the Euratom Research and Training Programme (Grant Agreement No 101052200 — EUROfusion). Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Commission. Neither the European Union nor the European Commission can be held responsible for them